Saturday, November 28, 2009

Regrouping

It has not been easy, and I don’t expect it to be. I was having a hard time at work, I can’t let myself, shut down. I went to work after an almost complete melt down last night. I had to help some guy with his little girl, he was walking around without a clue, I approached him and asked if he needed help, after all he was in the lingerie department, he laughed and told me his wife sent him to find her something. I asked what he was looking for, bras or panties, he told me she wanted something sexy for Christmas, but she wanted him to pick it out. I took him over to the sexy Christmas outfits we had, he told me she has a lot of black and red, so he wanted something different. I took him over to another area, where we had more black and red, black and pink, and white. He really liked the white one, I asked if he knew her size, he didn’t know how to pick out the size, but he knew her cup size and waist, so that helped, really that’s all you need to know. He also liked a black and pink one. He wasn’t sure which he wanted, and asked me, if I was married, I told him no, than he asked if I had a boyfriend, I sighed and said, “Recently, no,” he apologized, and told me he just wanted an opinion of what I would get, he apologized again, and said, “ You know what, screw him, he doesn’t deserve you,” my eyes got a little teary and my voice cracked as I said, thanks with a small smile. I told him he could have one for Christmas and save one for Valentines, so he wouldn’t have to worry about it later, he laughed and said he doesn’t get twofers, that’s why she has so many, he said, “ I’m easy, Ill just take both.” He looked at me kind of sad, my eyes still glossy and fighting back tears, he thanked me for my helping and went on to pay. It’s crazy, but I rebuilt myself fast thinking of what he said, he was right, screw him, maybe Jordan didn’t deserve me, I did so much for him over the years, much more than he realized or ever gave me credit for. I was still a little hurt, but I regrouped and got back to work.

No comments: