Sunday, January 20, 2008

Japenese Exhbit =D

Jose Luis, my good friend from school, recently called me knowing I enjoy Japanese culture and invited me to a Japanese Exhibit which took place today. We planned it perfectly down to where to meet close to the museum and at what time(or so we thought) He calls me when I'm getting my clothes ready and was about to head down to eat my breakfast(lunch actually=after 11) that the exhibit starts two hours earlier than we(by we I mean Jose) originally thought so he told me to hurry that he was going to head out. That really through everything into a craze. My mom which was going to drop me off was not ready neither was my sister, we were running late to the new planned meeting time. Jose calls me very playfully says,"I'm here, where are you?" I told him that I was still at home but was just about to head out probably getting there in 15 to 20mins he said ok and we hung up, then we left the house and just for fun (not really) we discovered we had forgotten to fill up on gas the night before so we had to stop. While I was inside the gas station waiting to pay in this ridiculously long line he calls me again and ask if I was close I told him about the gas and he said it was fine that he was just making sure I wasn't standing him up(with an added laugh)

Finally I make it downtown and when I just around the corner and since my cell is rebelling against me I call him using my mom's cell(long story, I'll tell it maybe later) I tell him where I am, I could already see him wondering around trying to see me(oh yah, Jose why where you looking at the statue trying to find me, do you have x-ray vision you're not telling me about?) finally he spots me as I jump off. We then started towards the museum which was conveniently walking distance just down the street, I guess my mom must have turned around up the street or something because we were heading in the opposite direction we just arrived from and she honked and waved as she past us by.

We arrive at the museum and to our surprise it wasn't what was expected:A Japanese art exhibit, instead it was an exhibit of anemia for kids. We laughed the whole time as we realized we paid to see Japanese cartoons character figures, tv's with cartoon's such as Pokemon playing and lots of story book toys,ect... Well on the bright side, we had a good laugh as we read through the history of anemia, I had never been exposed to so much in my life but Jose had(he loves it) and it was funny watching him getting very excited with each passing station.

We decide to leave and head to the mall's food court, along the way I saw an old friend of mine BBC, we didn't stop to chat because he looked busy at work and I didn't want to get him in trouble but we waved and than we continued on our way. Speaking of continue, to continue the theme we decide on Asian food and to sit outside, big mistake(sitting outside, not the food) It started out nice and enjoyable as we sat across each other and began talking until a few pidgins decide to land on the ground next to us looking for food. Really it wouldn't have been a problem if it wouldn't have been for a young lady which decided to through it some food, once some food is spotted they all came and swarmed. Whoever she was with(I don't want to label because they could have been as me and Jose, just two friends hanging out) would swing his foot over in annoyance to keep them away but they still kept coming. Jose asked her nicely to please not feed them but she continued anyways soon a little kid started running to them scaring them where they were startled and began flying over us like crazy. Groused out we gathered our food and moved to a table inside,much better.

As we were eating I noticed a store up above where Jordan and I went before(home of his "This is my San Antonio," t-shirt) I told Jose about it and how I wanted to see if they had anymore(once again,long story, maybe later) After we finished eating we went upstairs to the store, no luck, they had the same shirt but not in Jordan's size so we went to the bookstore. It was awesome how many comic style books (novel size course) I saw and had no idea where there, it kind of made me wonder," How it was possible for me to have never become a comic book geek? Oh well, after spending a good time in the book store it was time to check out, Jose bought some books but I didn't (I own books which I still haven't even read yet)

Back to the inside of the mall, I was on a mission, my mom requested that I would find her something specific which we could find at Dillard's or Macy's. Never have I felt so out of place as I looked through all the girly creams, perfumes, and makeup only to not find what I was looking for(I'm girly but to a certain point) We left and along the way we saw another bookstore so we went in, of course Jose found another book.

Then we left the mall and headed to Jose's car, I don't recall what started it but I started teasing him about being a country boy seeing as how he leaves out in the middle of nowhere. I soon decided to stop, telling him since I never saw his car before he was going to pretend that it was stolen so he wouldn't give me a ride which would have a good punishment (it was getting cold) We laughed about it (no he didn't leave me there) as we drove out of the parking lot, when he turned I heard a strange yet familiar sound, I told him he needed power steering. He had no idea that was what that noise meant so he took my word for it and I guided him to a gas station to buy some. It was so funny, when we got there he had no idea what to get so I showed him his options and then just told him which to get. I decided to bag on him using sarcasm on how to open the hood, I thought I was going to have to put it in for him but he did it himself (yay Jose, I'll give you that)

Oh yah, my mom had her fun too when we were at Dillard's, she suggested that the next time we should go to a big people's museum at the Witti so since we were down the street and he didn't know how to get to it I was going to show him when I mentioned another bookstore being along the way. Needless to say, we stopped at the bookstore and Jose bought some more books. I love to read books but, dude, you're obsessed! NERD! :D We didn't go by the Witti we decided we had enough fun for one day so I called my mom and told her we were ready to meet her and that we were heading that way. As we drove back it came up somehow again about the power steering and I began to bag on him again and than I said the funniest thing, I told him,"I know this is going to sound nerdy, but this is so blog worthy," we both laughed before he begged me not to but I told him I would so he asked me to take it easy on him.

Just as we thought the fun was coming to an end, we see flashing lights behind us. I asked him is that for us? Just as he said I hope not, we hear the cop say to pull over to the right, it scared him so he swerved and then past a red light before pulling into a small parking lot right after the light. Before the cop came to the window we were both clueless, it turns out his car was reported stolen so we were both arrested! (Just kidding!) His right stop light was out so he pulled him over to warn him about it. He was asked for the usual and the cop checked him up on the computer real quick, as he did I laughed at Jose and told him for sure I would blog about it he agreed that I should, about the entire day, just than the cop came back and told us we were free to go.

Finally we made it to where we were going to meet my mom, we got there first so we sat in the car and talked some more until not long after, my mom came. He got off the car to meet her and ask for directions home, she told him how to get home and we were leaving the parking lot when Jose left me with one last thing to laugh about, as he reversed we all saw him almost hit this cement separation thing. Did you hit it? We really couldn't tell. =D Well we both made it home safe after our 4hours of non-stop fun and sarcasm. I really had fun, thanks. Maybe we should go to the "Big People's Museum." (I just had to get one last one in before the end of the day) =D

2 comments:

Egoist said...

Oh, be still my beating heart. Hi sarah. That day really was a lot of fun, and I know we haven't had much contact since then, but don't worry, I'm here... somewhere.

That cop dude was really cool, though if he had seen my front lights, almost for sure I would've been taken in. (dan-dan-daaan).

As for my driving skills, at least I have a HOUSE! Ooooooh...burn.
julie, if you're reading this, don't get the wrong idea.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that seems wrong somehow, what is that suppose to mean boy?!

Sarah, good for you!