Thursday, November 8, 2007

Made in China much longer?

I heard about this on Good Morning America this morning and it really bothered me to find out that yet another toy recall had been brought to the public eye. I'm starting to really think about this and wonder if this is more than, just a series of ascendants as we are told. Today, probably even yesterday but I didn't get a chance to see the news, it was announced that the now booming popular toy "Aqua Dots" have been added to the list of most recent recalls.

For anyone reading that has not heard of this below is the actual report that I heard this morning. I don't have kids (obviously that's not possible until the far future) but have a niece, a nephew, and plenty of younger cousins that like to follow the new toy craze. This really worries me to even think that any of them could have easily had access to this toy which contains a chemical so dangerous that there have been several reports of children appearing drug and disoriented and in many of the cases the result much more serious to where the kids fall into a comae. The chemical that was found in the spray which holds the "Aqua Dots" together contained a substance which is commonly found in the "Date Rape Drug." Now this is where I question once again, was this an ascendant?

After all the recent recalls I wonder why are we still doing business half way across the world? Just for the government and major corperations to save a few bucks by exploting sweat shop workers in china, but at what cost? What real cost, the saftey of our child here in America? I'm sorry but I don't find this exceptable, something must be done. I think that China has slipped up one too many times and dispite their "suppose it" extra percaustions and paying more attention so that these little mistakes would not happen again. Let me remind you, the only differents that was noticable was ONE chemical that was specifically told to the makers not to be included because of it's harmful effects.

So I leave all those which read this with this question should we trust the saftey of our children in the hands of China toy makers? Please post comments, I doubt it, but I wonder if I may possibly be over reacting to the whole situation.

The link to the article:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Consumer/story?id=3837091

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Girl, you are a nerd aren't you?! I think that this is a big problem but I could have never put it into words as good as you. So, I'm waiting, what's going on with Jordan? You have been holding out on me, I know it! Jose told me that something was going on and you just skipped to some articles! What's up with that?! Come on girl, give the dish!