Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God's sense of humor :)

God loves all his little children, but who does he love more? This was the question that was brought up today between Sumo and I when we sort of had a little bet going, for some strange reason I can never remember Sumo’s B-day until there’s just a week left before it and I have to remind myself daily so I won’t forget.

Well Sumo and I were joking about something and it came down to when is Sumo’s B-day? I remember the month but I forget the day so I said the wrong day, and after saying another wrong day, Sumo had an idea of an “agreement” giving me two more chances to guess correctly or I would have to do something, don’t worry, nothing bad, no funny business. Well I was thinking I was pretty much screwed, it was in the back of my mind but sadly I couldn’t remember as usual. I started thinking really hard and once again I guessed wrong.

One more chance left and I started thinking really hard, I had a number in my head but I was afraid of guessing wrong so I didn’t say it. We both laughed at how hard I thought of this, he even gave me a hint which helped me to know it was possible that I might have been correct yet still I doubted myself and still said nothing.

Just then I told him I had a number in my head but I was afraid to say, and Sumo said,” If God loves me, you’ll get this wrong.” It was funny how he said it and I still was doubting, so I still said nothing. I joined in saying things that I’ve done for God, through church, to deserve to win, in a joking matter of course (we all know God doesn’t play favorites)

Well here’s where Sumo began bargaining with God to let me guess wrong but he started with, “Oh baby Jesus…” (like Ricky Bobby) as he counted down time for me to answer and I started laughing so hard and I was rolling around on my bed. Yes, this was Sumo’s dorkyness at it’s finest-as stated by Sumo himself. He continued on to saying he would go to church every Sunday (which he normally misses 2 or 3 weeks in a roll) Well, just then, something clicked in my head and I realized that I was wrong, I remembered the day but when he came to the end of his count down I was laughing so hard that I couldn’t answer, oh, the things he said… Now that was “foony!”

Finally I calmed down and said my last guess and there was just silence for a moment… he told me it was wrong, then quickly he told the truth that I was right. Then he said that proved God loved me more, but I corrected him and told him it was because God knew he was lying about going to church every Sunday. That’s God’s sense of humor for ya, he knows when you’re telling the truth, how else could it be explained why I, so wrong, yet sincere, realized the correct answer as Sumo trying to lie..?

God truly does have a sense of humor, and he loves us all equally however if you try to lie to him…God will slightly play favorites at times to show who you’re messing with. ;)

No comments: