Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's Easter and feelin' girly

Yay! Today was Easter Sunday! Today is not the day for the Easter bunny, and finding eggs with special treats awaiting it’s happy finder, or a time for buying meaningless commercial driven gifts. (Granted we all fall for the mumble jumble any ways) No, today was the day that we rejoice and celebrate our lord and savior Jesus Christ rising from the dead after paying for our sins through crucifixion. (For the those poor souls which have no idea what I’m talking about, please refer to the Bible quote to the right of this blog also located at the very bottom-John 3:16) Rejoice! He has risen!

At church the grown up watched “The Passion of the Christ” as the kids, my small class, worked on the Easter projects (decorating visor hats to wear outside during their Easter egg hunt.) After they finished they turned there attention to watch the crucifixion part of the movie to the end (the true significance of Easter and how much God loves to spare us from our own sins) They were a little frightened by it but they have to learn what happened sometime…There was no crying, only total silence as we watched on to the gruesome sense so realistic.

As I said, no crying but we discussed the movie altogether afterwards, then we had an Easter lunch to which we all contributed our part. Then there was the Easter egg hunt which is always funny since the adults are encouraged to play as well. There’s just no way of forgetting, the very idea of my mom running after Easter eggs hiding on the pastor’s grill of his truck (which he himself placed there) if that’s not funny enough, the image of her and my little sister running at the same time, and my mom winning; I could imagine the memory of that will forever put a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Afterwards we headed down one street to my cousin’s house, as we do every Sunday. Today we helped make the potatoe salad, cutting up potatoes, pickles, and celery. It felt so weird using there knives and a glass plate. Oh lord, I’m so spoiled by Cutco, for those that don’t have the slightest clue of what I’m talking, let’s just say without getting into details, I basically have a job selling the worlds must awesome knives! Oh well, it was great spending the holidays with family as usual.

Now, here’s where I get to the part where I felt girly:

Today I felt so girly, I was wearing a greenish blue skirt with flowers and white vines (very Easterish) with a white tank top(spaghetti strapped) and a nice black cover up on top. I’m not normally this girly looking (well I guess sort of, there’s no way of mistaking my gender) but today, clothing wise, this skirt made me feel really girly.., all day.

When I talked to Sumo earlier I told him the funny part about the whole situation. Since I’m not use to dressing this particular type of girly style I originally didn’t have a shirt that would match. The only white shirt I had that was white has little tiny holes (purposely) in a pattern of a bunch of little flowers that didn’t match the flowers on the skirt. What is a girl to do? No really, I had no idea, except do something that probably only a boy, or in my case, someone not so girly would do… Like I said it had a hole pattern so no I didn’t turn it inside out, what did I do then..? I wore the shirt backwards because the pattern was only on the front and the back was just plan white.

Oh, just wait it gets more “foony” (inside joke that only a few would understand) as I continued to get ready to go, I bent down to reach something and you know what happened..? The tag did as tags do, it came out and how funny would that had been if I hadn’t noticed it until I was already out in public to show everyone that I was wearing my shirt backwards. So now what did I do? Did I change the shirt? No, I was determined to wear that stupid girly skirt so what did I do? Simple, I got the scissors and cut the tag completely off and you know what, you know what, you know what? It worked! I told you I have my brilliant moments; I just was never specific on what definition of brilliance. ;)

No comments: