Monday, September 24, 2007

Fixed a Door

originally written 9/07/03

A night out on the town is not the same because you're not around.
After returning I see my ex-bf but I really wish it were you.
It's true and weird, I see him more often than you
I really am truely lucky, most guys would e jealous,
but you trust in me, the way I trust in you.
Today I fixed a door that wouldn't close in more than one way.
Now please don't get mad, ut I sometimes would still wonder,
why didn't he ust want me, was I not enough?
I also wonder what my life would be like if he did choose me,
would I be just as happy? Probably not.
I now, with you am as happy as I could ever be,
and I don't wonder why, but I'm glad you chose me.
I wish you could have know the kind of satifaction I felt today,
knowing that I don't need him as much as he needs me,
so helpless, he can't even figure out how to pre-heat a stove, boil water for a cup of noodles, program a radio or VCR, he can't even figure out how to fix a door
that just won't close, I can, i took it apart and in an hour or less put it back
with it being able to close.
While I was fixing it he returned and tried to see how it was being done,
It was than that another door was fixed,
I no long wonder about life with him.
I can fix things on my own.
I don't need anyone, I could live alone,
but still I'm glad that I have you.

(I don't wish to comment now but maybe later I will)

No comments: